3/23/20

RICK CASTRO: DIARY- 3/22/2020



So This Is How The World Will End: by Rick Castro 3/22/2020

So this is how the world ends?……….  I think not.
It’s so peaceful here….. I made the right decision to leave. The map of infection in LA County was doubling everyday. 
I live in a very concentrated area considered East Hollywood. Some call it Thaitown, other’s call it Little Armenia. 

Every year there’s a death parade down Hollywood Boulevard to memorialize the 1.5 million genocide of 1914. 
The faces of the crowd are one of anger. Nobody alive experienced it, 
but they march for their parents, grandparents and great grandparents. I understand anger. 
It never goes away. Sometimes, many times it gets deeper, festers into every decision one makes. Isolates. As a community outsider, my POV is superficial, merely aesthetic. I love that everyone is wearing black! It makes for a beautiful visual.

The Black Plague, black cat, black crows, black mass and black men… Everything I like is black. 
Camille O’Grady once said, “in the future, everybody will wear black.” She died two days ago.

I mean how much bad news and stress can a world take?! 
Every hour something horrific is reported… “we’re all in this together”, never applied so aptly.
I’m gonna be blunt, that’s my style…..  i’m horrified about Angela Merkel, but ok with Rand Paul. I”m devastated about Idris Elba and Placido Domingo, fine about Harvey Weinstein. Am I playing god? Hardly... At this point it’s the luck of the draw.
 I don’t know how much bad news and stress the world can take… oh I just repeated myself because I’m completely overwhelmed.
I can’t go online anymore..  I mean I still have a connection, barely, but every minute presents only grim information… I’m not the ostrich-with-the-head-in-the-sand type, but how much can one take? Oh I just said that … 
well fuck it, what can one say during a plague mass. 

 In the quiet, serene, beautiful high desert, alone in Bee’s cabin where I spent all my childhood weekends. where on my own I explored for days on end. Where I  rode my mini bike, where I rode my motorcycle, where I learned to drive a car, I am overwhelmed. 

The cabin just cracked. My father constructed it of wood, so it creaks with the weather.
 I know this. I know what it is, but the house just cracked.

So this is how the world will end.

I you're able, please donate to Rick Castro, it's the right thing to do- here

copyright 3/2020





No comments:

Post a Comment