3/22/20

DIARY: 3/21/2020

So This Is How The World Will End: by Rick Castro 3/21/2020

So this is how the world ends?……….  I think not.

All the most interesting people are dropping like flies-
Camille O’Grady, Genesis P-Orridge,  Max Von Sydow, Kenny Rogers, Lyle Wagner, Kathy Griffin’s mother…… 
Ok i’m exaggerating a bit. You get what I’m saying.
Some people know when it’s the right time to leave.

On my first day sequestered at Bee’s cabin, I take my time unloading my dad’s hand-me-down, 1990 Ford Explorer. 
There’s certainly no rush… LA county has issued a stay home demand till April 16th, a little less than one month. 
We all know this is a conservative estimate. We all know it will stretch until……………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Listen, I have friends in Northern Italy, holed up in their appartamenti for: no date given. 
Everybody knows someone who’s infected. Everybody knows someone who has died.The plague mass is full on.
 It will come here. It will come everywhere. All I did was buy myself time. 

What are my bare essentials? I brought as much food as I could. Dry goods… things that will last. I’m on the Keto diet, so very healthy & minimal. NO carbs, NO processed foods. NO sugar. The first two are fairly easy…. sugar is a pisser…. I love me happy hour, 
and alcohol is 100% sugar. I still brought some red wine… for a rainy day…
when I get desperate.

OK, I’m not the rustic type so this is all trial and error. Takes me awhile to lite the fireplace & potbelly stove. Very warm… 
Although my dad built the entire place himself  back in 1968, he wasn't too good at flues and chimney caps. I'm having constant trouble with back smoke.
I ask this gruff guy at the only convenience store, (which has a huge potbelly stove as heat source) why I'm getting so much back smoke? His response, “you don’t know how to light a fire.”

I’m sure he has a point, but there’s more to it than that. There is definitely something wrong with the flues.

Right before I fled LA, my dear sweet long time friend, Iris Parker sent me an infrared heater.
 She actually took it on her own and sent me this! So this is my heat source.. 
Once again she saved my life. Iris also saved the life of my black cat Pyewackett, twice. He lived to be 24 1/2 because of Iris.
 Now she's saving my life. She used to call herself The Cat Whisper. She can now also be called The Rick Whisper.

But all this is mute…. Los Angeles Times just posted the numbers of infection in all areas of LA County, its everywhere
This in less than a week. Like a bad Science Fiction Flick…..

So this is how the world will end.
copyright 3/2020

If you're able, please to donate to Rick Castro. It's the right thing to do- click here


No comments:

Post a Comment