3/31/20

SO THIS IS HOW THE WORLD WILL END: DIARY BY RICK CASTRO


So This Is How The World Will End: by Rick Castro 3/30/2020



Welcome to virtual everything.
Since the entire world has become shut-ins, I’m amazed, concerned, scared, worried what will become.  
The 21st century is already so anti-social, the plague only forces the issue of; I don’t need anyone but me.

As someone who’s naturally introvert since I can remember, and a victim, ( I was gonna write survivor, but decided it was too, 
Me Too”) with PTSD, (I’ll tell you all the gory details in another posting) I can def get used to self-isolation. I mean it’s my birthright. 
My concern is for the rest of the world.. Most people are outgoing socially gregarious extroverts. This must be like a death/prison sentence to them. I worry for them. They’re the ones that will become axe murders. They are the ones that will cut in front of lines saying, “back off! I'm infected, give me frontsies or I’ll spit in your face!”

To relax, I’ve joined the world of Zoom.. I love it
I’m now re-hosting the salons I used to host at the Tom of Finland Foundation in echo park for the past three years. 
Rick Castro’s Virtual Salons consists of-



*Virtual tea salon~ every Wednesday @ 3pm PST
Description: Choose your fave tea and dainties, find a soothing spot to sit back, take off your slingbacks and have a nice cuppa with me. 
Please book ahead-limited to six tea guests, plus me makes seven.



Virtual Fetish Book Club~  Once a month on a Sunday @1pm PST~
our selection this month-Swim by Eric C. Wat
Description: Carson Chow is a high-functioning addict.  
For years, he's been able to meet the increasing demands from his aging immigrant parents, 
while hiding his crystal meth use every other weekend. This all taking place in San Gabriel Valley of L.A County. 
Order book on kindle, ebook, or thru snail mail.



Miracle Veer:  Virtual WritingWorkshop-every other week on a Friday- 
Hosted by Rick Castro, Instructor: Matthew Steele.
description: Sharpen pursuits and lily your thrust, for a writing workshop unlike any other is reaching its commencement. Call me Steele, a cold blade conducted by Castro, to carve literature into bear and pig flesh alike. Through this relationship, we are able to breed insight and gather it towards your voices: in short, we cut away what you shouldn’t say, shaping it to what you should. We are only human, but our eyes are tuned to a fine sheen; a miracle veerCastro is cut of a finer blood, and me a metal mind. Allow us to lay you down, remove all question.     



Rick & Rich’s Virtual Happy Hour!~ every Saturday @6pm PST
Description: choose your fave spirit, mix up a new self-invented cocktail and join us! 
We may get so happy, we’ll break into song.

All salons are donation based- pay what you can, but no freebies please.
choose your salon, date, time and reserve your spot- here- 

WTF! Today is the first warm day since I’ve arrived, hovering in the mid 60s, and there are FLIES!….. EVERYwhere! INside! How are they getting in? I always keep the doors closed, even locked. I have the thick kinda ghetto screens, you know the one’s you can’t kick in… How are they entering?  These are those aggressive kinda flies, do you know what I mean? Not horse flies, but more like the fly equivalent to Killer Bees, Killer Flies. They are loud. They sound like small craft warning. I can here them, but can’t see them until it’s too late. And they won’t land! They buzz all over Bee’s cabin like the speed of light. 
Did you ever see that flick, The Amityville Horror?.. The James Brolin version… 


Ok I’m exaggerating, but there are allot of flies in a short amount of time.

I have a plan! I leave the door open to Al & Bee’s bedroom. 
This is the sunniest room, all the 70s garish colors could fool the killer flies into thinking they’re  flowers & fruits. It worked! I’ve lured seven flies into the bedroom at once!

I texted my sister… she was no help.. Her text response, (she won’t answer the phone), “last summer we had an infestation of flying bugs and a beehive inside the cabin.” 
………. Ok….. Ummm..No resolution?…. Could you please finish the sentance?…. 
and then you did what?…………………………………….. 
So I asked, “How did you get rid of the flying bugs”, ( I don’t have a bee problem). 
Her two word response, “bug bombs.” Gee thanks sis…. you know I live here right?
I spent all day killing flies! Once again my good friend Iris, (she bought me Lour: the infrared heater) saved the day. 
She sent me a video on how to make a flytrap with an old plastic bottle, orange juice, sugar and a tomato.
 I will do this first thing tomorrow.

Ok…. the plague is here…. I just looked at the reports for San Bernardino County; as of today- 111 case. Seven are in my area… 
One is 2 miles away…. ……………………………  this is a number given with the few that were tests. The entire population of this vase area is only 7k ………………………………..

So this is how the world will end.

copyright  rick castro 3/2020

Please donate to Rick Castro: It's the right thing to do- here



No comments:

Post a Comment