4/5/20

RICK CASTRO: DIARY- 4/4/2020


So This Is How The World Will End: by Rick Castro 4/4/2020


I was a busy bee all this morning… never stopped once. I decided to not go online for awhile. Everything is too grim, or superficial denial, which I think is worst. Italian designer Miuccia Prada posted a statement today about culture, I’m paraphrasing, 

“ My whole thing, is to make culture attractive. If it is not attractive, no one listens. If it is too serious, no one cares and they think it's boring. It is to make people understand that culture is necessary in your life." 

 For me this is totally off the mark. She’s telling her customer that they, or she, or both are too superficial to accept reality; the world has changed forever. 
We don’t know what that will look like as of yet, but little me can tell you with 100% certainty it will not be consumerist /capitalistic based. This has played itself out. Like the plague, it is deadly.

Let's see now, back to me chores. I started by completely rearranging Al & Bee’s bedroom. 
I decided to give it my touch. What I did was work with all the existing garish colors by adding to them. Yes I appreciate kitsch, 
yes I appreciate, “You got bad taste.” 



I’m reminded of the time I met beefcake legend Bob Mizer creator of AMG, (Athletic Model Guild) and had the privilege of chatting with  him at his homo-historic compound the year before he passed. I said to him, “Mr. Mizer, I’m intrigued how you’ve handwritten on the photographic images, without the preciousness of design and layouts of Physique Pictorial magazine.” Mizer’s response, 
“Yes, keep the viewer feeling superior.” 
With that in mind, I’ve never been afraid to push the gaudy. In regard to Al & Bee’s bedroom, it was the logical choice.


Oh wow! I made this dragon in 7th grade!… I remember I wanted it to be across between a dragon and a unicorn. 
It looks very pre-Barney.. very gay, no? Look at this…. who would decide, I must have a miniature quilted high-backed chair?  I guess Bee needed one. Who the fuck crocheted all these…… dollies?….. I guess Bee, although my sister was a crochet queen back in the day.


This rocking sofa reminds me of that short lived satire soap opera from the 70s, Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman.” Is anyone old enough to remember? It was very experimental, a spoof on the soaps created by Norman Lear. Everything was absurd, but no laugh track, 
so people did know if it was supposed to be funny or not. The lead actress Louise Lasser, was blatantly on coke for every episode. She was always sniffling and rubbing her nose the way Trumpworld does during every speech.


Tonite is the second Rick & Rich’s: Virtual Happy Hour! I’m so excited. It’s only 4pm, and I’m already getting prepared…  
oh fuck…. me happy hour buddy, RichTimes cancelled on me…. seems he hurt his foot jogging! Now why the fuck is he out jogging? Am I the only person that takes this plague seriously? 

Dudes.. let me put it into perspective; this is the black plague you’ve read about from the dark ages.. This is Edgar Allen Poe shit. 
This is Masque of the Red Death. This is biblical… this mutha fuckin plague has the potential to wipe out a 3rd of the world!… 
I’m done trying to convince anybody.. Here listen to Diamanda Galas- she’s quoting Leviticus, Chapter 15. from the Old Testament. She knows what the fuck she’s wailing about. 


So this is how the world will end.
copyright- rick castro- 4/2020


Please donate to Rick Castro: It’s the right thing to do- here-



No comments:

Post a Comment