1/8/13

I WISH I SAW ERNIE

(this is a photo raymond took of ernie the day before i got to jemez)


7am~ ernie presented himself this morning. raymond woke me to tell me this news and it took awhile for it to sink in.. "ernie is in the front yard." rick, ernie is in the front yard, " said raymond softly. also like he was in my dream. "oh really," i mustered still asleep and stumbled to the front window. there he was majestic, big, regal. he was in the middle of raymond front yard patched with frozen snow eating dead grass. he looked like a spirit in the dark grey morning. like a phantom. his body was big and blue/grey in color. his legs were black. he was stoic. i ran for my camera, but could not remember where i left it the night before. i tripped around the living room feebly looking for it... finally finding it in the bedroom. i went to the front window and took aim. he was moving so slowly. i shot and the camera light read~"no card" oh where did i leave that card.. in my backpack.... where the fuck was that  backpack?? ok here it is... trying to  get the card in... there goes ernie walking ever so slowly into the next meadow and down to the river. i miss him entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment