9/16/21

MEMORIES OF CAMILLE O'GRADY-

 ‘NIGHT VOICES’

"This just showed up today; it is the of cover of the first issue of this early LA death rock/goth fanzine, with a lengthy article and more cool photography.
This one was prompted by a performance at LA’s Vanguard Gallery in ‘79, soon after I had left NYC; I was sharing the bill with X, a band I liked.
Everyone in X was great, but I was told that Exene thought I was there to steal her thunder. It has always been my opinion that there’s room for anyone who has thunder to keep it,and I had my own,thankyou very much!
It was the height of the gas shortage in LA,people were out in the parking lot siphoning gas out of each others’ tanks and fighting about it.
This interview was done over a year later,in San Francisco, after some radically challenging things had changed my life, forcing me to drop out of the public scene despite being on a roll.
How great that due to that interruption in my life, I became more involved with exploring the deeper things ,and have come out the other side of my long hiatus to find the kind of communication I had dreamed about back then would return my past in the form of friends, history, and lost archives that are seamlessly linking my past , present, and future into one whole, moving together through time ."

legendary unsung fetish icon Camille O'Grady- RIP- 3/17/2020

No comments:

Post a Comment