4/8/13

YES~ I READ THAT BITCH

a few days ago i reposted what i thought was a humorous blog about people putting pantyhose on their dogs in china.

check it out here~
DOGS WEARING PANTYHOSE

 my repost was  reposted over 41 times and it went semi~viral. the following day the posting went completely viral as it was picked up by WOW report & huffington post.
during this time i received an IM from one~ SHARON REARICK~ ARQUETTE

here is what transpired~
Sharon Rearick-Arquette

I saw a shameful post today on facebook of two beautiful (but obviously mistreated), golden, long-hair retreiver type dogs, forced into pantyhose and high heels laying on a floor. The credit for this photo had your name on it. I think that photo was sick, sad, creepy and SO not funny. If you think this is "funny" or "art" or clever, you are delusional and need help. Abusing and humiliating canines (who have no voice to object) and thinking it may be humorus to post, speaks volumes about your lack of talent.

i decided to respond~


well sharon,
if you had bothered to read the full posting you would see that i am not the photographer and the story is about what has become an online trend in china. therefore much to your dismay "dogs wearing pantyhose" has gone viral, in fact the huffington post picked it up today. i guess your title~ "reporter @ i am currently procrastinating", is appropriate, since you didn't bother to research before passing glib judgements.
i'm sure anything i would write or blog about would be of no interest to you~ so that is why you are not my friend and it was not sent to you. if somehow it gives you moral superiority to call me names , then have at it.
to me the dogs look like they are in very nice homes, well cared for and do not seem to be traumatized in the least. personally i find the images to be humorous. no more and no less... i'm sure the canines forgot about it as well 5 minutes after it happened.
sometimes i put a bow on my cat.. she seems to be fine with it and we have a little laugh. of course there's no one in my household that is so uptight and politically correct as to take the piss outta the situation and be a pathetic kill joy.
perhaps it would be more humorous if you were the model instead of these bitches.
sharon's response to my response~
Sharon Rearick-Arquette

Rick, I don't know if you realize this but that photo was forwarded to me with NO "story or explanation" with it, and simply captioned "BLAME IT ON THE GAYS"! Then above it, it credited YOU as the photographer and the originator of the post. I just found the whole thing in poor taste, offensive and linking it to the gay movement was beyond the pale. I am also very involved in animal rescue and against any mistreatment of the voiceless creatures we share the planet with. You might want to have a chat with the moron who is sending this post out in this manner, which links it to you as the originator. Mea Culpa for my mistake.

my response to sharon's response~

  • Rick Castro

    who is the person that sent it to you? please give me their link and i will...

    sharon's response to my response~
  • Sharon Rearick-Arquette

    I received it from an old friend of mine who is a comedian, Phil Van Tee. I certainly doubt HE's the one who changed things up. He probably got it from someone else, found it funny and just is forwarding it. Dontcha just LOVE facebook when stuff like this happens??

    at this time i did indeed contact~one~ PHIL VAN TEE~
    here is what i wrote him~

    Rick Castro

    hallo phil,
    how are you?
    i received a IM from~ Sharon Rearick-Arquette~ who claims you sent her a message about my blog~ dogs wearing pantyhose~ crediting me as the photographer. is this so?
    sincerely,
    rick castro

    phil responded immediately~
    Phil Van Tee

    I shared a link. Did not notice who was credited. I added the caption, "I blame the gays." to make a sarcastic point about how anti gay schmucks are expecting all kinds of weird sex to start happening as soon as gay marriage is approved.
    You can see my original post on my wall.

    my response to phil's response~

    Rick Castro

    well phil your "friend," (and i use that term loosely)~ Sharon Rearick-Arquette~ took it literal and DID in fact blame the gays~ ME! she sent me the nastiest email filled with accusations and judgement.
    i understand you're a comedienne? how can you keep company with someone so humorless as this self~ entitled alarmist?
    do me a favor and tell her to chill.

    phil's response to my response~

    Phil Van Tee

    That's pretty weird. She obviously did not get the joke as I presented it. And, she is a liberal stand up comic!
    The only other thing that I can imagine is that perhaps she felt the photo was disrespectful to animals (I got one post from someone, upset about that, and commented that it was "Not funny!!").
    Of course, not being privy to the nasty email sent to you, I cannot theorize further.
    BTW, I believe 'comedienne' is a spelling reserved for female comics. I am, indeed, a comedian, but of the male variety.
    There you go again, pissing someone off! (-;


    my additional response to phil's response~


    if you can use~ "blame the gays" ironically, i'm sure you can adjust to my gender title blur.
    and don't you worry your pretty little head~ her entire diatribe will make it to my blog very, very soon. i'm just letting it play itself out.

    phil responded with an irritating  happy face~

    (-:


    soooo... now that i had done my "research" i did indeed contacted sharon once again~


    hallo sharon,
    in answer to you response~ am fine with facebook since they have no part in this debate. what i don't love is people who call themselves a"reporter," but do zero to earn the title.
    phil van tee did repost my blog and he did include a click thru so anyone, could view the entire posting.
    he did choose the title~ "blame it on the gays" as an ironic statement since he is a comedian. i get that. i think it's funny.
    i don't get your jump~to~the~conclusion response and condescending judgements. then you try to pass the blame onto someone else, or facebook even, for your ignorance. so, the "moron" in fact turns out to be you.
    btw- my white cat- sympathy- is a rescue cat. i have had the pleasure of her company going on 19 years now. my black cat- pyewackett was with me for 21 1/2 years before passing last november. both my cats  would see the humor in this posting and would not think the dogs were mistreated.... and they have small brains.

    * note to my dear readers~
    if anything more transpires i will be sure to update!
    (this is Sharon Rearick-Arquette's~dog. i'm dying to put pantyhose on it!!)


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for de-fuck-ify-ing the bookface bullshit.

    I am thank-FULL that there are men like you out there making the trails that we t(read) a little more clear. Mud is so hard to throw and its hardly ever as transparent, you made majik Mr. Castro!

    ReplyDelete