2/19/13

CLIVE DAVIS COMES OUT

Does this announcement by clive davis surprise anyone? 
it did me as i never thought about mr. davis in terms of any sexuality what~so~ever.

Davis confirms longstanding rumors that he has had relationships with men. The twice-married executive says he first began to experiment sexually around three decades ago when he was approached by a male music fan at famed New York nightclub Studio 54. 

“Was I nervous?” writes Davis. “Absolutely. Did the heavens open up? No. But it was satisfying.” InSoundtrack, Davis reveals that he has been in “a strong monogamous relationship” with a man for the last seven years but makes it extremely clear that he regards himself as bisexual rather than gay. 
“Do I feel I could have been similarly attracted to a woman?”
 Davis writes. “The answer is yes.”


The Chief Creative Officer of Sony Music Entertainment, who is twice divorced, writes, "After my second marriage failed, I met a man who was also grounded in music. Having only had loving relationships and sexual intimacy with women, I opened myself up to the possibility that I could have that with a male, and found that I could."
He says being bisexuality is "misunderstood," noting that he's "never stopped being attracted to women."
"The adage is that you're either straight or gay or lying, but that's not my experience," he adds. "To call me anything other than bisexual would be inaccurate."

No comments:

Post a Comment