2/12/14

HUDSON~ FEATURE GALLERY OWNER~ RIP



this is a repost from my longtime friend- steve lafreniere~

It's with the greatest sorrow that I post this. Our dear friend Hudson collapsed in his apartment in Manhattan on Sunday and died.

Hudson lived the most exemplary life of any friend I've had. If you knew him this needs no further explaining. For those who didn't, highly dedicated, generous without expectation of return, warm as the sun, and with almost laser-like focus and a brilliant eye for art will give you an idea. His gallery, Feature Inc., is legend in the art world, for the beautiful, rigorous work of the artists he showed, and the integrity with which he ran it. I can't imagine what can ever take its place.

The cause of death is not yet determined, but all indications are that it was from natural causes. I didn't learn this news until Monday night but, at the request of Hudson's family, his assistant Anne Doran and I waited until today to make it public.


on a personal note~ i meet hudson many years ago and he allowed me to take photographs of a model i meet in an NYC subway at his gallery in soho called Feature Inc.~ rick castro

Photo by Judy Linn.

No comments:

Post a Comment