7/22/15

RICK CASTRO~ BDAY/PUMPKIN TEA SALON

my birthday/pumpkin tea salon today was very nice....
since i turned the ripe old age of 57,(!!) on july 20th, i thought i would throw caution to the wind and bake a pie!
my long time doll of a friend~ KATE MCCONN & i have a victory garden in her backyard. along with all our produce we are now on our 4th pumpkin!, (number 5 is still on the vine) this inspired me to bake a pumpkin pie.. after my sweet, but flaky friend IRIS PARKER flaked out on me i was forced to bake all on my lonesome. i ended up making 2 pumpkin pies & 1 pumpkin tarte.
i aslo rosted some pumpkin seeds, grilled some pumpkin skins and make a small batch of pumpkin soup.
still to come~ pumpkin marmalade and pumpkin syrup.

@ five o'clock on the dot my birthday pumpkin tea part began.

my guests included

LAWRENCE ELBERT
ARTHUR DAVIS III
ENRIQUE CASTREJON
KATE MCCONN
JEFFREY DAHMER
CAKE BATTER, (DOG)

i served my pumpkin guests

golden yunan with cinnamon stick & roses
charleston tea plantation earl grey &  fresh mint

accompanied by

pumpkin pie made with dates, molasses & maple syrup
pumpkin pie made with yogurt, egg whites & cinnamon
pumpkin tarte made with dates, molasses, cloves, walnuts & orange zest

roasted pumpkin seeds sprinkled with paprika & cinnamon
grilled pumpkin skins with paprika & chili

lawrence elbert made a chocolate meringue cake
enrique castrejon brought red velvet mini cakes from kitchen 24

here are some beautiful pics courtesy~ lawrence elbert~ hollywood/antebellum correspondent




 pics courtesy~ lawrence elbert~ hollywood/antebellum correspondent

No comments:

Post a Comment