9/24/12

ROY JOHNS~ HAPPY TO YOU!

my very longtime doll of a friend~ ROY JOHNS celebrates his 62nd birthday today.
i have known roy since 1977, (can you image?!) we have gone out to all the incredible hot spots of the day including~ paradise ballroom, whiskey, circus disco, club 88, odyssey & hong kong cafe.
roy has been instrumental in guiding me thru life and starting me on the road as an artist.
he was the first person to offer me a job in the arts. during november of 1978 roy asked me to design costumes for his dance/performance group called~ "RED HOT & BLUE" opening @ the PLAYBOY CLUB~ century city. the rest as we say is HIS~STORY.

happy birthday me brother!!

(classic photo by the late/great~ steven arnold)
(the mum bros)
(nastassia kinski & roy on the set of "one from the heart")
(roy on the set of~ "one from the heart")
(roy in a how to dance disco poster)
(classic photo by the late/great~ jules bates~ circa~1978. styled by me- rick castro)

(roy johns & rick castro~ circa 1978~ photo courtesy~ ivy ney)

No comments:

Post a Comment