16MM MOVIE NITE
ANTEBELLUM ia obsessed with B&W films from the 1950/60s.
please join us for our screening of
THE LOVED ONE
ORIGINAL 16MM FILM projected on a screen!
LIVELY PRE & POST SCREENING CHAT
BEAUTIFUL PATIO FOR PRE & POST SCREENING RELAXATION
1643 N LAS PALMAS AVE
HOLLYWOOD, CA 90028
The Loved One is a 1965 black comedy film about the funeral business in Los Angeles,
It was directed by British filmmaker Tony Richardson and the screenplay – which also drew on Jessica Mitford's book The American Way of Death (1963)
– was written by noted American satirical novelist Terry Southern and British author Christopher Isherwood.The film was shot in and around the Los Angeles area with Hollywood, the Hollywood Hills, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles International Airport and Burbank among the locations.
"Whispering Glades" was drawn from Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale with the exterior and interior scenes shot mostly at Greystone Mansion.
- Robert Morse as Dennis Barlow
- Jonathan Winters as Henry & Wilbur Glenworthy
- Anjanette Comer as Aimée Thanatogenos
- Rod Steiger as Mr. Joyboy
- Dana Andrews as Gen. Buck Brinkman
- Milton Berle as Mr. Kenton
- Ayllene Gibbons as Joyboy's mother
- James Coburn as Immigration Officer
- John Gielgud as Sir Francis Hinsley
- Alan Napier as a British club official
- Robert Easton as Dusty Acres
- Tab Hunter as Whispering Glades tour guide
- Margaret Leighton as Mrs. Helen Kenton
- Liberace as Mr Starker
- Roddy McDowall as D.J., Jr.
- Robert Morley as Sir Ambrose Abercrombie
- Barbara Nichols as Sadie Blodgett
- Lionel Stander as the Guru Brahmin
- Bernie Kopell as Brahmin's assistant
- Paul Williams as Gunther Fry
- Chick Hearn as space-burial funeral announcer
- Jamie Farr as waiter at English club (uncredited)
ALSO SCREENING NEVER~BEFORE~SEEN ANIMATION~
FEY WAY STUDIOS
4 MINUTE OF ORIGINAL ANIMATION~ CIRCA 1979 CREATED FOR ROBERT OPEL AT
FEY WAY STUDIOS