1/11/16

BOWIE: "THE BEST QUOTES"

"I'm an instant star. Just add water and stir," he said early on in his career. "I always had a repulsive need to be something more than human. I felt very puny as a human. I thought, "F**k that. I want to be a superhuman."
“I don’t know where I’m going from here, but I promise it won’t be boring." he told the crowd at New York's Madison Square Garden during his 50th birthday concert in 1998.
"You would think that a rock star being married to a supermodel would be one of the greatest things in the world. It is,” he said, referring to his marriage to supermodel Iman Abdulmajid.
“Fame itself … doesn’t really afford you anything more than a good seat in a restaurant,” he said in 1990.
"You know, what I do is not terribly intellectual. I'm a pop singer, for Christ's sake."David Bowie

"What I do is I write mainly about very personal and rather lonely feelings, and I explore them in a different way each time," 2002 interview. 
As a person, I'm fairly uncomplicated."
“All my big mistakes are when I try to second-guess or please an audience. My work is always stronger when I get very selfish about it,” ~ 2003.
"I mean, my whole life is made up of experimentation, curiosity and anything that seemed at all appealing," ~ 1983 
"I really had a hunger to experience everything that life had to offer, from the opium den to whatever. And I think I have done just about everything that it's possible to do," ~ 1996.
"I'm just an individual who doesn't feel that I need to have somebody qualify my work in any particular way . "I'm working for me."~ 2002
“I was virtually trying anything … And I think I have done just about everything that it's possible to do -- except really dangerous things, like being an explorer. "But anything that Western culture has to offer -- I’ve put myself through it.” 
“Make the best of every moment. We’re not evolving. We’re not going anywhere.” 
"We are just a species dependent on survival instincts, and that's how we build up our moralities, absolutes and truths," ~ 2002 

No comments:

Post a Comment