1/11/16

BOWIE~ 1947- 2016

 David Bowie has died at the age of 69 from cancer.
Tributes have been paid from around the world to the "extraordinary artist" whose last album was released days ago.
His son, film director Duncan Jones, confirmed the news and a statement was issued on his social media accounts.
"David Bowie died peacefully today surrounded by his family after a courageous 18-month battle with cancer," it said, asking for privacy for the family.
Asked in 2002 by Blender whether he still believed his public declaration was the biggest mistake he ever made, he replied:Interesting. [Long pause] I don't think it was a mistake in Europe, but it was a lot tougher in America. I had no problem with people knowing I was bisexual. But I had no inclination to hold any banners nor be a representative of any group of people. I knew what I wanted to be, which was a songwriter and a performer, and I felt that bisexuality became my headline over here for so long. America is a very puritanical place, and I think it stood in the way of so much I wanted to do. "
There is so much to say about BOWIE~ his influence on the world and his influence on me. 
this is the end of an era, and part of me has died with him. right now i'm in shock.
~ rick castro 













No comments:

Post a Comment