16MM MOVIE NITE
ANTEBELLUM ia obsessed with B&W sci-fi and monster films from the 1950s.
please join us for our screening of
I WAS A TEEN~AGE WEREWOLF
ORIGINAL 16MM FILM projected on a screen!
LIVELY PRE & POST SCREENING CHAT
BEAUTIFUL PATIO FOR PRE & POST SCREENING RELAXATION
1643 N LAS PALMAS AVE
HOLLYWOOD, CA 90028
I Was a Teenage Werewolf is a 1957 horror film starring Michael Landon as a troubled teenager and Whit Bissell as the primary adult. It was co-written and produced by cult film producer Herman Cohen, and was one of the most successful films released by American International Pictures.]
The movie was shot in seven days. This film was the first of four “teenage monster” movies produced by AIP during 1957 and 1958. All four films highlighting a theme of innocent teenagers being preyed upon, transformed, and used by corrupt adults for selfish interests. I Was a Teenage Werewolf helped launch Landon's career, as he became a regular on Bonanza only two years later.
Although today the film is largely regarded as a source of "camp" humor and while at the time of release the idea of an adult human turning into a beast was nothing new, the idea of a teenager doing just that in a movie was considered avant-garde and even shocking in 1957.
• Michael Landon as Tony Rivers
• Yvonne Lime as Arlene Logan
• Whit Bissell as Dr. Alfred Brandon
• Malcolm Atterbury as Charles Rivers
• Barney Phillips as Detective Sgt. Donovan
• Robert Griffin as Police Chief Baker
• Joseph Mell as Dr. Hugo Wagner
• Louise Lewis as Principal Ferguson
• Guy Williams as Officer Chris Stanley
• Tony Marshall as Jimmy
• Vladimir Sokoloff as Pepe, the Janitor
• Kenny Miller as Vic
• Cindy Robbins as Pearl
• Michael Rougas as Frank
• Dawn Richard as Theresa