16MM MOVIE NITE
ANTEBELLUM ia obsessed with B&W sci-fi and monster films from the 1950s.
please join us for our screening of
THE BAD SEED
ORIGINAL 16MM FILM projected on a screen!
$7 ADVANCE PURCHASE
$10 DAY OF THE SCREENING
LIVELY PRE & POST SCREENING CHAT
BEAUTIFUL PATIO FOR PRE & POST SCREENING RELAXATION
1643 N LAS PALMAS AVE
HOLLYWOOD, CA 90028
The Bad Seed is a 1956 American horror-thriller film directed by Mervyn LeRoy.
The story is of a sociopath little girl who will do whatever it takes to get what she wants.
Very rare subject matter for it's time.
It is based upon a play (of the same name) by Maxwell Anderson, which in turn is based upon William March's 1954 novel The Bad Seed.
The Bad Seed was nominated for four Academy Awards for Best Actress in a Leading Role (Nancy Kelly),
Best Actress in a Supporting Role (Eileen Heckart and Patty McCormack, separately) and Best Cinematography, Black-and-White.
Heckart also won the Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance.
- Nancy Kelly as Christine Penmark
- Patty McCormack as Rhoda Penmark
- Henry Jones as Leroy Jessup
- Eileen Heckart as Hortense Daigle
- Evelyn Varden as Monica Breedlove
- William Hopper as Col. Kenneth Penmark
- Paul Fix as Richard Bravo
- Jesse White as Emory Wages
- Gage Clarke as Reginald 'Reggie' Tasker
- Joan Croydon as Claudia Fern (as Joan Croyden)
- Frank Cady as Henry Daigle