11/4/13

MAN CATCHES ON FIRE DURING WEHO HALLOWEEN CARNAVAL

another reason to not go to west hollywood...

A man who suffered serious burns at the Halloween Carnaval in West Hollywood has died.
Gilbert Estrada, 50, was fully engulfed in flames in front of an event stage on Santa Monica and La Cienega boulevards.
Estrada was treated at the scene and then rushed to a hospital. Family members say he died Friday morning.

READ  MORE~

the guys that videotaped the incident thought it was an act, as did many people. unfortunately we live in such callous times~ it sounds like some people thought it was great. others realized what was going on and tried to put out the fire.
if you are squeamish about death- DO NOT WATCH THIS.

here is an eyewitness account~
My friend and I were standing no more than 10 feet away!  It happened at the stage between La Cienega and West Knoll. It actually occurred on the center island (we were standing on cedar). I looked to my left and saw a massive stream of terrifying sparks and smoke arising. I thought the cedar had caught fire next to us, since there was predominant crackling sound.
Suddenly, my friend was pushed down in the stampede to escape and trampled! The smoke then moved to the street where I had assumed it was a trash can fire, until we caught a glimpse. The man was laying face down, bleeding from his hands. The girl next to us kept screaming about his missing fingers, and there was a repeating theory going around that he had a firework or explosive on him.
I barely know anything more than this, as there were about 5 people between myself and the flames. My condolences to the this gentleman's family and friends. I'm shocked by the lack of media coverage on this." ~ vini

No comments:

Post a Comment