11/10/13

A LOVE LETTER FROM LILLIAN BATTS


I want to thank everyone who is here today to honor my beautiful husband, and support our family.

Dear Carlos,

From the moment we met, all I wanted was to be with you. Our connection was instant, magnetic and magical.

You came into my life and were my Prince Charming, the one I was dreaming of since I was a little girl. You were more than I ever thought could exist in one person and were completely perfect for me.

I admired your talent, your ambition, your drive, your passion and your sense of humor on a daily basis. I admire you endlessly. You did every - single - thing you set out to do. Not too many people can say that, including me. I learned so much from you, and aspired to be more like you all the time. All I ever wanted to do was to make you proud. Thank you for always encouraging me to try my best, explore my creativity, and keep pushing forward even when I was scared.

You had an unapologetic way of living, loving and creating. You were fearless, and standing with you, I was fearless too. Thank you for being my best friend and sharing so many adventures with me. We have so many adventures that only you and I will ever understand. I always I felt so safe with you.

You are my soul's mate and I am so grateful our souls got to dance together in this lifetime. We created a beautiful, everlasting love.

Ten years ago, we stood in front of our friends and family and pledged our love for and commitment to each other. Today I am standing in front of the same people and I vow to forever honor your memory, cherish the life we created and keep doing my best to make you proud.
Lillan Batts AKA April Flores
11/9/2013~ 2:25pm


dear lillian,

i was there. it was beautiful.. i listened to your letter to carlos and tried my best to keep composure. Then carlos's father was presented from the pulpit in his wheelchair looking both magnificent and shattered all at once. He  spoke so eloquently about the heartbreak of burying his son....  i just couldn't take it anymore. 
i had to leave for it turns out i am not as strong as you.

you & carlos were my favorite married couple.
CARLOS & LILLIAN BATTS FOREVER
sincerely rick casto

photo courtesy~ steve diet goedde

No comments:

Post a Comment