11/18/10

MODERN HERETIC

MICHELE LAMY- fashion diva of the 21st century.



photos courtesy- steven klein

here's an excerpt from an interview with her husband rick owens from hint magazine- circa 2007-

To me, the myth of Rick Owens began with your girlfriend Michelle Lamy. How did the two of you meet?

We met through my boyfriend, one of her best friends. So it's true I'm bisexual. It's supposed to be the other way around, isn't it? People are against bisexuality. It's either shit or get off the pot. It would be great if things were that black and white, but life is all about ambiguities, and sometimes you have to make up the rules as you go along. It would have been easy for me to be completely gay. There was nothing holding me back. In fact, I started out assuming I would be a gay guy who didn't really have relationships, but who would have sex anytime.

Michelle converted you?

Not at first. I was introduced to her so I could get a job as a patternmaker. She had a sportswear company. I worked for her for two years, but I could never really understand her because she has a really thick French accent. Then it just kind of happened and I really can't imagine having a relationship with anyone else. It's been almost fifteen years. God, who knows what that would be in fag years?

EDITOR NOTE- CAN YOU GUESS WHO RICK'S BOYFREIND WAS? 

No comments:

Post a Comment